Saturday 7 December 2013

The Rum House...For More than Just Cocktails

A few of my Tulane friends suggested I visit the Rum House on Magazine Street.  They cautioned me not to judge a book by its cover, so to speak.  "The drinks are great, don't get me wrong.  But you have to try the tacos or the nachos - they are surprisingly good."  With some skepticism, my friend Jessica and I decided to head to dinner there a few weeks ago.  Within minutes of arriving, I felt like we were in a foodie place - it was packed with locals happily scarfing town tacos (always a good sign).  We each ordered three different tacos, but the Lamb Vindaloo was the clear winner.  The slow roasted meat paired very well with the mint yogurt chutney and sliced plantains. I could eat that dish every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment