Friday 6 December 2013

Revisiting All Hallow's Eve

It has been a good month since I have blogged.  I got wrapped up in travel for various conferences as well as grant writing.  Now I'm back and ready to share a few short blog posts to highlight some of the memorable experiences I've had over the past weeks.

It is not surprising that New Orleanians love Halloween.  Perhaps this fascination is fueled by the city's ties to voodoo culture or its love affair with ghost tours?  I'm not sure, but Halloween is as celebrated as Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest (so you know it is important).  The decorations are amazing as well - many people bedazzle their homes with glitter coated spiders, wispy ghosts, and orange and purple twinkle lights.  It is not uncommon to see people out and about in full costume the week leading up to Halloween either.  I, unfortunately, was going to be out of town for this most favorite holiday for an academic conference.  So, my friend Caroline and I had our own Halloween celebration before I flew out.  There is nothing more "Halloween" to me than pumpkin carving while watching Disney's Hocus Pocus!





No comments:

Post a Comment