Sunday 29 December 2013

Decorating the Tree...Post-Christmas

My college friends are in town this weekend visiting.  My parents put up a live tree in our ski cabin, but they never had the chance to decorate it.  So, I spent an evening decorating the tree before my friends drove in from New York and Washington, D.C.  I had so much fun listening to Burl Ives on the radio while sifting through the teetering stack of Tupperware boxes filled with gaudy and sentimental Christmas ornaments from the 80s and 90s.  My favorite ones are the paper ornaments that my brothers and I made at Sunday School.  Faded wreaths made out of layered paper shaped like children's hands, card stock candles with shiny foil, and strings of packing peanuts and beads.

My family also has a tradition of putting up our old ski passes on the tree.  It is always fun to look at our ID photos from the early 90s when we were all so young and sporting neon jackets.  We put up mini framed photos on the tree as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment