Sunday 8 December 2013

Cochon Butcher (again!)

I love Cochon Butcher (the local meat and deli shop right next to the fabulous Cajun restaurant that has captured the hearts and stomachs of New Orleanians and tourists alike).  When I was at the Southern Historical Association Annual Meeting, I met a passionate German scholar who happened to head to New Orleans after the conference.  We decided to meet up for lunch and do a bit of culinary tourism while she was in the city.  I, of course, suggested Cochon Butcher where we both enjoyed the turkey avocado sandwich.  You'll note in the picture below that Cochon has its own hot sauces.  I've come to love hot sauce over the past 5 years of working in New Orleans.  These in-house sauces are great!  I wish I could bring them home for you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment