Tuesday 10 December 2013

Sazzzzzerac!

The other night I headed to a Tulane Medical School cocktail party at my friend Trevor's house.  The event was a potluck, so I decided to make the classic New Orleans cocktail, The Sazerac (someone needs to educate these med students on Creole food history!) This fabulous drink, which has been savored in New Orleans for over 175 years, has a sharp bite of citrus and licorice.  It reminds me of an "Old Fashioned" in many ways, but is uniquely New Orleanian because of the absinth and Peychaud's bitters that add that extra je ne sais quoi to the drink's flavor profile.  After I ran through a basic history of the drink, I invited my new friends to make their own Sazerac (no easy task for the cocktail-making neophyte).  Check out this short YouTube Video for a tutorial:




I feel so tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment