Saturday 7 December 2013

Angelo Brocato's Italian Ice Cream & Italian Desserts

Heaven. This adorable ice cream parlor is heaven. I love the neon sign that hangs outside, entreating me to "just stop in for a quick treat" every time I drive home from Tulane. When I walk in through the swinging white washed doors, the warm glow of the oversized parlor lights makes me go all gooey inside. They remind me of the large bulbs that illuminate Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh on warm summer nights.



The other day, Caroline and I stopped into Brocato's for dessert after grabbing some Vietnamese food Uptown. New Orleans felt particularly fall-like that day, so we indulged in their pumpkin gelato (after sampling a few other flavors, of course!) What a smart choice that was - life changing! The balance between the pumpkin spices was superb and recreated such and authentic pumpkin-y taste, I felt like I was eating a slice of my grandmother's pie!  We also ordered a few mini cannolis.  They make them right then and there for you.  My favorite parts are the super crispy shell and weird little green garnish they press into the filling.  Yum!

Come visit me in New Orleans and we will definitely stop here "for a quick treat."




No comments:

Post a Comment