Sunday 29 December 2013

Skiing with Friends

A quick ski update - my friends and I really enjoyed exploring Hidden Valley's ski slopes on Saturday!  It was sunny and 45 degrees (my ideal ski weather).  Yes, the snow was sticky, but I wasn't cold and could enjoy the beautiful day while riding up the long ski lift.  I decided to wear my brother Patrick's jacket from c. 1992.  Love the neon colors and synched waste!


When we aren't on the ski slopes we are playing board games and cooking.  One of my favorite new games is called Ticket to Ride (a game where you build train routes across the U.S. -- strategically linking cities).  I love the aesthetic of the board after the game is finished.


Last but not least, we've been eating really well all weekend.  I took a good amount of time to plan out our meals for the week and we've all been pitching in to cook for each other.  Too fun!  Today we made an asparagus tart for lunch and kielbasa and pierogies for dinner (Sunday football!).  I was able to christen my new le creuset pot with a classic Pittsburgh tailgate dish.  I feel good about that!





No comments:

Post a Comment