Friday 6 December 2013

"Meet Me in St. Louis!"

Funny story about St. Louis...well, actually, the story is about about the great MGM Studios classic, Meet Me in St. Louis.  When I was in high school, our choir sang an entire concert dedicated to the movie magic and classic scores of MGM Studios.  My solo was from Meet Me in St. Louis and was originally sung by the fabulous Judy Garland..."The Trolley Song."


Anyway, I finally was able to visit St. Louis last month for the Southern Historical Association Annual Meeting.  This is a wonderful conference--very friendly to junior scholars.  I was also able to room with several of my Duke friends.  We were in St. Louis over Halloween weekend, so we made plans to bring costumes and celebrate!  I dressed up as Rosie the Riveter.






No comments:

Post a Comment