Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sunday Morning in Carrboro

On Sunday, I headed to Carrboro with Lin to grab brunch at the celebrate Crook's Corner (where I did an oral history back in 2010 with chef, Bill Smith).  I ordered Ric's Potato Pancakes with herbed sour cream sauce, mixed greens, and poached eggs (I also got a giant Southern biscuit with peach preserves - yum)!  After brunch, we headed into downtown Carrboro, picked up some Tiger chai at the Tiger Room coffee shop near the Station, and meandered into the heart of the Carrboro Music Festival.  There were Bluegrass, Indie, Country etc. performers on nearly every corner and in a good number of the local restaurants, boutiques, and bars.  I even saw a capoeira performance:



After spending the early afternoon in Carrboro, I headed to Southern Season on my way back to Durham to pick up some gourmet essentials - coffee!  Oddly enough, it was National Coffee Day on Sunday, so I was able to taste a good number of new brews.  In general, it is always so fun to peruse the delicious foods they have at this gourmand's heaven:








No comments:

Post a Comment