Tuesday 8 October 2013

Kim Son - Vietnamese food in Gretna

On Friday evening, Theresa (a fellow graduate student conducting food-related research in NOLA) and I set out to Gretna to grab some Vietnamese/Chinese food at Kim Son (a fairly well known restaurant in the area).  We didn't go with any particular dish in mind, but asked for suggestions from our waitress.  We decided to order charcoal broiled pork, chicken vermicelli soup, and curry tofu in coconut sauce to share.  The pork was by far my favorite dish.  It came with this overflowing plate of fresh greens and herbs (including a wonderfully spicy purple basil) as well as rice paper wraps (I'm always a fan of participatory dinners - make your own wraps!) I thoroughly enjoyed this meal, but Theresa said that she had even better Vietnamese food in Gretna the week prior.  I need to find out what place she was referencing!


No comments:

Post a Comment