Wednesday 9 October 2013

I Didn't get Lost this TIme

I was hoping to get to the archive on Tuesday, but got caught up in catching y'all up on my life in New Orleans via this blog.  In the afternoon (to clear my head from the 6 hours of blog writing that morning), I took a nice long jog in City Park.  I am happy to say that I did not get lost this time, and actually found a wonderful running path around "Big Lake."  I saw people feeding Canada geese and various other semi-aquatic birds around the lake, I came across a few couple having picnics under the oak trees, and I was bypassed by some more serious runners.  I'm falling hard for my neighborhood!

My evening was spent at my mentor, Liz's home.  We have decided that a weekly Tuesday night dinner would help me stay connected and happy while I'm in New Orleans.  Tonight was the first one!  The meal was delicious (slow roasted beef stew and a fresh arugula and basil salad).  Liz and I ended up talking about a number of fascinating topics ranging from tonight's interview with Al Scramuzza (the man who brought crawfish to New Orleans) to potential academic panels on New Orleans' farmers' markets.  A wonderful evening through and through (as always).

Today, I spent a good part of the morning refining my DevonThink database and editing/converting/organizing/tagging the images I took in the archive on Monday into a comprehensive replica of the archive on my computer (well, that is the goal anyway).  This process has taken much longer than I thought it would, but I feel like the more I go through this process, the more streamlined it will become.  If it continues to be a time-suck, I will have to think of a plan B!


I'll keep you posted on how the interview with Al Scramuzza goes.  I am excited to be there (although I am missing out on a fun NOLA event - Bon Operatit - which I was supposed to attend with Caroline.  Who wouldn't want to listen to Halloween-themed, masked opera performance?)




No comments:

Post a Comment