Thursday 6 March 2014

Rock 'n Bowl

Yesterday, I headed to a New Orleans institution called Rock 'n Bowl. As the name suggests, it is a bowling alley. But, it is also New Orleans, so they have live music every night (quelle surprise!) Throughout the week, they have music that ranges from brass bands to jazz quartets to swing dance bands. They have a large dance floor and dance partners come from around the city to show off their moves a la Greece.

 


Anyway, we were there for my friend MK's birthday. There was lots of jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, and other Louisiana-style dishes. They were actually really good. I was surprised. Who knew bowling alley food could be so great? Then again, it is New Orleans -- the food is always great!

I'm gonna take a moment to brag and say that Young Money (e.g. me) won! I still haven't ever broken 100. Oh well! Next time, maybe.




No comments:

Post a Comment