Tuesday 18 March 2014

Crawfish Season

It's finally crawfish season in New Orleans! Hurrah! I noticed the first batch o these little guys when I was shopping in my local super market during the first week of March.


I've been waiting for an impromptu invite for a crawfish boil and received one last week (release the celebratory confetti!) Crawfish boils are actually pretty regular events in New Orleans this time of year. A recent cold snap, however, drove crawfish prices way up so it's been a bit tougher to host large groups of friends. Typically, people will buy a bunch of crawfish, boil them up with lots of spices, corn & potatoes, and invite friends over to gorge on these fabulous crustaceans (4-6 pounds per person!) Anyway, one of my Tulane Med School friends invited me to a Tulane-sponsored crawfish boil at the School of Public Heath. The sun was shining, a brass band was playing, and we enjoying the good company of our friends in the middle of the parking lot outside of the Public Health school.




No comments:

Post a Comment