Sunday 29 May 2011

Eat New Orleans (Part 2!)


So, I got back to New Orleans yesterday and slept. Then I slept some more, and eventually I went to bed early at 10:30 pm (traveling really takes it out of me). I woke up this morning craving New Orleans brunch food. I was too tired to trek uptown to Commander's Palace or some other infamous brunch place, so I settled on stopping by Eat New Orleans again. The specials board propped up outside the restaurant caught my attention as I stepped inside: pulled pork and goats cheese bread pudding--I was intrigued by this savory take on a traditional southern dessert. I also saw that they had a dessert of the day: red wine strawberry sorbet.

The savory bread pudding was served with two poached eggs on top with a cranberry mustard sauce drenched over the entire dish. The sauce was a bit strong for my taste, but the bread pudding was delicious: each bite tasted like Thanksgiving Day. Interestingly, I could barely recognize the pork in the dish. After having grits at BBB, the grits served at Eat New Orleans tasted so nondescript. I wouldn’t claim that I am a grits connoisseur, but I do miss the BBB grits.

The sorbet was excellent. It tasted mainly like a strawberry sorbet with a rich undertone of red wine and a hint of basil. Very refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment