Sunday 29 May 2011

Croissant D'Or (Part 2!)

The entire week I kept dreaming about the almond croissant at Croissant D'Or. Once I got back to New Orleans I had to make a trip to get this delectable pastry. The patisserie was packed with a Sunday brunch crowd when I arrived. I waited in line, snapped a few photos...I had a good laugh because there were a few other tourists in front of me frantically taking photos right and left with their iPhones. I like to think that I am not in their 'category' of tourist, but at the end of the day I think we are in the same boat! I have a long way to go to be considered even partially New Orleanian.
The croissant was wonderful: buttery, slightly glazed on the bottom and top, with a subtle almond paste spread throughout the flaky insides of the pastry. It was even better than I remembered. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment