Friday 27 May 2011

Ajax Diner revisited

....after our epic journey to Rowan Oak, we meandered back to the town Square (the walk took 15 minutes--a far cry from our first attempt to get to Faulkner's house). We stopped by Emileigh's Kitchen to grab some baked goods. I opted for a "cowboy cookie" upon a local Oxfordian's suggestion. It was a really hearty cookie with chocolate, macadamia nuts and a bunch of other goodies. After that quick stop, Qiao decided that we head to Ajax for another "southern comfort" meal. I have to admit, I was a bit weary to eat two heavy southern meals in one day (BBB breakfast being my first), but I found the culinary courage! I ordered the Ajax burger dressed with mayonnaise, pickles and cabbage. I really liked the cabbage because it did not wilt from the heat of the burger. It was a goooood burger. I'd definitely get it again! Qiao got chicken fried steak and Tandra also opted for the Ajax burger. We all left happy, then walked off our dinner by shopping in the Square's many boutiques.


No comments:

Post a Comment