Saturday 22 February 2014

"Gal-entine's Day"

On Valentine's day, Jessica, Theresa, and I headed to Restaurant August for their prix fixe lunch. I was so exited to head to August because it has one of the best reputations in town for classy dining. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful - stunning chandeliers, elegant bouquets of fresh flowers, and large, round tables draped with soft tablecloths. I had the pate de campagne with house made pickles, marmalades, and toasted brioche to start. For my main course, I ordered braised veal cheeks with winter vegetables. The dessert was my favorite part: dark chocolate pate with strawberries and champagne sabayon. What a perfect Valentine's day meal!

Later that night, we headed to Tipitina's music hall to hear the Carolina Chocolate Drops perform. They were fabulous - very upbeat, very blue-grassy/jazzy, and just wonderful performers. The lead vocalist was particularly stunning. My favorite part of the concert was when she played a replica of a banjo from c. 1855 and her bandmates played the bones (almost like canasta percussion).




No comments:

Post a Comment