Saturday 22 February 2014

Cocktail and Bon Operatit!

After my Yale girlfriends left town, I thought my evening social plans would quiet down a bit...not the case at all! I have a good number of academic friends in town and once my schedule freed up after my hosting duties were over, my calendar quickly filled up with other activities. A few Wednesdays ago, I headed to SoBOU's "Happier Hour" with my researcher-friend, Theresa. We enjoyed chatting about New Orleans' food history, strategies for working in the archive, and how much we love New Orleans. That evening, we tried the smoky pulled pork tacos, the alligator corn dog, the taso pinchos, and beer nuts. Yum! We also tried the Carnival Old Fashioned cocktail.


After "Happier Hour," I headed to the Sheraton to hear Bon Operatit perform a free Valentine's Day-themed opera concert. I enjoyed hearing them sing songs from Phantom of the Opera!

No comments:

Post a Comment