Monday 29 June 2009

Visiting Laura in Durham

I also had the wonderful opportunity to go visit my best friend Laura up in northern England in the little town of Durham. Her college (St. Aidan's) was hosting a Summer Ball called "Out of this World" that I went to with Laura and her friends. We had a blast singing Karaoke in the bar, Boogieing at the Silent Disco, and chatting in the Mood Pods!

Laura and I at dinner in St. Aidan's dining Hall:


I got to meet "The Queen"


After another all night/morning long ball I was pretty whipped! So we relaxed the next day and went to a BBQ party at one of Laura's friend's house. The next day though we were up and rearin' to go for a fundraiser Netball tournament. This was REALLY fun and a great chance to meet more of Laura's friends. We had fun dressing up or wearing "fancy dress" as they call it in England. Our team did not really have a theme to our costumes, but we certainly had pizazz (with fake mustaches to boot!)

Laura and John celebrating after Laura's score:


Shaun diving around with his cape on:


Human Pyramid:


Then Laura and I took a day trip up to Scotland and poked around for a few hours. We didn't do anything that touristy, but just walked around the city enjoying the nice weather and the gorgeous/haunting architecture of Edinburgh!





Then it was back to Durham and then back to Oxford. Here are a few picturesque photos from my trip to Durham:




No comments:

Post a Comment