Monday 29 June 2009

Henley-On-Thames

The day before I came home to the States for good, I took the train up to the little river town of Henley-On-Thames to watch some of my Yale friends row in the international rowing competition known as Women's Henley. The town itself was in one word: CHARMING! From the gingerbread-like houses along the river to the traditional English pubs, Henley-On-Thames was the perfect boating town.

Some cute little cottages on the river:


The Angel: Where we had traditional English pub fare


I was SO HAPPY not only to see my friends but to see them row in competition! Tt was AMAZING! The power and grace and spot-on timing of their strokes was MAGNIFICENT! I am so proud of Allix, Dara, and Caroline and now that I have dabbled with rowing, I can further appreciate their efforts and accomplishments!

The Yale Women's Eight rippin and ready to go at the start line:


Allix just after her race:


The Yale Women's Eight boat is currently competing at Royal Henley- one of the largest rowing competition in the world! Good luck Caroline and lady bulldogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment