Wednesday 4 March 2009

"Pennsylvania and Some Homemade Pumpkin Pie"

I always think it is a tragedy when I learn that people have never had pumpkin pie! Which, as many of you know, is my ALL TIME FAVORITE holiday dessert! The great thing about pumpkin pie is that its so easy to make! I was wondering around in the Oxford covered market the other day and I stumbled across this little delicatessen that sold canned pumpkin- and I thought to myself, "Self...I think its time we introduce our new British friends to a taste of America!" So Laura came down to visit me this weekend and we made the pumpkin pie together. She did a fabulous job of making the pie crust (I have to admit- something I have never mastered) and I whipped up (literally) the filling. To say the least it was a success- I let the crumbs speak for themselves...

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love pennsylvania.
    2. Pumpkin pie is also my favorite thing.
    3. I miss you so much and wish you could have been at jam/were coming with us on tour - twoooos.

    -macrina

    ReplyDelete